Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012 Goals

2012 Goals
January 1st, 2012
By: Gina Yoryet Roman


As the New Year embarks, there are many new goals to be achieved, projects and missions to be completed.
So I came up with this list today, the first day of 2012 but I know that it will get longer as time passes.

The difference between now and when I was much younger is that before I’d only think about things but I never put them on paper that’s why most of those goals were not met but since I started writing them down, 98% of them have become real.


Professional goals:
1) Finish my project in TJ
2) Finish “The Road to Tequila”
3) Start business plan to export a health product to foreign countries
4) Start putting together tour packages
5) Patent my brand at IMPI
6) Make some changes to GTS and learn all the small details to better manage my site.
7) Write more frequently and start my biography (update and fix my blog, make it more professional looking)
8) Enroll in a course to get certified to become a sworn Translator
9) Get 3-4 more steady clients
10) Take a course to get certified to teach Spanish (improve Spanish grammar)
11) Learn another language
12) Take accounting and business leadership courses
13) Partner up with colleague and put together business courses.
14) Learn more about business, finances and the economy.
15) Be a better Teacher, Translator and Writer
16) Become successful or die trying


Health and fitness goals:
1) Complete my Sports Nutrition Certification
2) Go to knee therapy (and start running eventually)
3) Study and learn about the human body
4) Do more cross training, start integrating swimming lessons, rowing (and perhaps even dance lessons)
5) Get in better shape - Get more toned up
6) Help more women to lead a healthy life style


Personal goals:
1) Have more faith and hold on to it
2) Put more time into praying, be more dedicated and don’t rush
3) Go to mass every Sunday, not only when I feel like it
4) Cut back on the swearing
5) Stop looking in the mirror so much and doubting myself – Believe more
6) Start doing charity work again (volunteer at Padre Romo’s temple)
7) Read more
8) Call my family more
9) Be more giving and caring
10) Stop being so self-centered
11) Listen more, talk less and be more understanding
12) Avoid being distracted
13) Apply for VUS
14) Travel more
15) Start saving money
16) Start looking into buying a house
17) Be more sociable
18) Learn from my past mistakes and take them as a learning experience
19) Increase my knowledge in every possible area
20) Be more organized, dedicated and persistent in everything
21) Spend my money wisely – don’t buy unnecessary things and save more
22) Pay off my car
23) Pay off my credit card
24) Pay off my braces
25) Find TMOMD
26) Find answers to many things I don’t understand
27) Find my purpose in life
28) Be more organized, aggressive and decisive
29) Be more selective and cut all the cords with the wrong people
30) Submit a story to Chicken Soup for the Soul

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gina, that is a lot..!!

Good luck and don’t you give up... :-)

Take care, OP.