Sunday, October 31, 2010

Stop Rushing through life

Stop Rushing through life

Monday was a very calm and quiet day without mentioning all the running around between here and there throughout the day. What I mean when I say calm is that there weren’t any major stress causing factors. I was at ease, I felt so much harmony in my heart and soul unlike other days when I watch the news, all the turmoil going on in the entire world, deaths, crime, drug war, abuse, you name it. Those news are really energy draining and they leave me with a bad feeling in my stomach, feeling distress and despair towards humanity so Monday I decided to start out my week differently and not watch the news first thing in the morning.
I did the usual routine and everything went pretty smooth a, I got home safe and sound, started getting ready for the following day, I was stress free until 9pm when I stormed out to move my car closer to the house because I leave at the crack of dawn most mornings and it is a bit creepy when I come out so the closer my car is to the house the better.
I grabbed my car keys and being in such a rush I didn’t pay attention that I had forgotten to grab the house keys. Needless to say, it dawned on me until I tried to go back into the house. Nothing can ever go perfect! The problem is that I am a very distracted person, I always have so much going on and I always have so many things in my hands that I end up losing or breaking and dropping absolutely everything!
The problem is that there are always too many things going on and knowing me, I always want to do more work than what I can handle and the time to dedicate to myself never comes. I just realized that I’ve forgotten how to have fun and I don’t like that.
The last couple of months work has managed to wrap me around in a very tight and suffocating embrace that it is almost impossible to let go and I always leave “me” on the back burner. “I will get a facial this weekend and get my nails done, visit a new place or go out for a drink,” I say to myself. “Oh! Never mind I won’t have time, I have a dead line to meet, lesson plans to do, etc,” Now it even feels a bit ackward to go out, LOL! I’ve forgotten how to stop and smell the coffee, enjoy life and have fun. There is always so much to do and such little time that I’d love it if the days were longer to get everything done.
Many times it is difficult to get focused in one thing when we are being pulled towards another twenty directions. “Rest!” I tell myself but then I say, “naaaah! I will rest when I die.” So don’t get distracted like me. Notice where your mind is every single moment and also chose to be fully engaged in this activity – whatever you are doing at that precise moment and do everything with love, learn to take love in all the things you do.

No comments: