Sunday, November 7, 2010

Have more goals in life

November 7, 2010


A few years back my life sketch was somewhat bleak since I hadn’t yet figured out what my purpose in this existence was, except for one thing that has always been present, so transparent and direct; writing, as long as I can recall, I’d always keep a daily journal of everything that happened in my life; growing up looking like a little chubby boy because my mom used to cut my hair extremely short, meeting boys and liking them but they wouldn’t even come close to me because I wasn’t cute, the time I actually started dating my first boyfriend, all the moments I used to rebel against my parents and run away from home only to prove them that I could do whatever I wanted even though I was a minor and still living in their household, the times that I travelled with high school friends and all the memories I have from my sisters when we were growing up.
When I was very young I was a very curious lettile person, there were always questions about everything! But I never pondered on the fact of “THE” purpose in life. Now I know that every single soul in this planet has a purpose but things won’t happen if we don’t act. We must step up and untangle all the codes. Action NOT inaction is what makes us get closer to accomplishing ourselves.
What helps me get closer to realizing the woman I was meant to become is setting weekly goals and actually accomplish them because that is what will get us closer to our aim.
For example I am definitely a morning person, the early hours of the day are when I am at my highest level of energy and as soon as I get up I run to the gym like an unleashed beast to release that fast flow of adrenaline running through me.
Until two weeks ago when I made it a goal to squeeze in “more” time to relax even though it may seem impossible to do that sometimes. Thanks to that goal I’ve been able to sleep in (to me it is to be awake at 7am on a Sunday) more often. So now instead of storming out to get my work out, I linger around in bed for a little longer doing nothing just lying there and then I start reading for about 30 minutes.

Another one of my goals was to update my blog once a week and even though my profile may be plain looking, no color or images in it (at this time), it will change because I’ll add more life to my writing, I’ll add faces, actions, feelings when I get my 5th camera (I always end up dropping them or losing them).
I have this very close friend who had asked me to spend the night a few times in the past but I always beat around the bush so last night I finally did it!

It was unusual to sleep in a new place, although this shouldn’t come as a surprise because the last few weeks I’ve been crashing at my mom’s place whenever it gets too late to get home, I’ve been out for work purposes or I’ve spent the night at another friend’s house, last night was different though, we talked for a rather long time, we brought up many things that we had never discussed in the four or five years we’ve known each other but that didn’t stop the fact of missing my bed, not my house – only my bed. I’ll have to admit that it was nice to have someone to talk to right before going to sleep instead of silently putting my ideas on paper.

There are other goals to be accomplished but it is best to take each day at once and let God work his amazing power and put all the pieces of the puzzle together. Tomorrow is a whole new week and there are many things to be accomplished. Many times the simple fact of getting out of bed and brush our teeth is very hard,we may not always feel energized but why not do your best to start each day with energy and a purpose? Why not start the day by being grateful for all the blessings we have?

No comments: