Sunday, October 10, 2010

What Makes life better?

Sunday October 10, 2010


It's Sunday again! I can’t believe another week has gone by and once again here I am, worn out staring at my computer with all my brain cells fried after having worked the entire weekend. I’m thinking, “I’m too exhausted to do anything, I don’t feel like writing or doing absolutely anything anymore but I still have another hour or two before I drop dead. I want to stop at this precise moment and head to bed to get my beauty sleep but I still have to do my lesson plans but I needed to do something before getting started so why not write!? Plus I have made writing and working out my rituals, my sanctuary, my haven a complement, a part of me.
I’m transcribing some audio interviews for a documentary about tequila that I’m working on (which I’ll give you the full scope of later on). I’m the research assistant for this film and I am thrilled because never in my life did I have the slightest clue of me doing this!
Writing helps me relax and since I’ve had enough of tequila, I came up with this list to get inspired and get others inspire as Guadalajara rates number one in suicides. Something that I constantly ask myself is, does a single human being reach complete happiness at some point in his/her life?


What makes life better?

These Golden Rules

1. Eat healthy and exercise.
2. Be around people who make you laugh.
3. Set a goal or dream that won't go away and accomplish it.
4. Be in nature and getting fresh air.
5. Sit in sunlight and spend time in nature and meditate.
6. Hug someone spontaneously
7. Accept an invitation that feels exciting and scary at the same time.
8. Rest more than you think you need.
9. Moving your body as much as you can.
10. Have an open door for those who need companionship.
11: Do volunteer or charity work
12. Spending time with a baby or child.
13: Read every night.
14: Smile all the time even despite the fact that everything seems to go wrong.
15. Be grateful for all the good and bad times and taking them as a learning experience. Taking the good aspects of the bad times and learning something from them.
16. Start off your day by Thanking God for being alive.
17. Don’t complain; be happy with what you have and don’t compare what you have with what others have.
18: Don’t get caught up in the “Keeping up with the Johnese’s”
19. Spend more time with your family.
20. Have the maturity to accept your mistakes; listen to someone else when he/she has made a mistake and give him/her another chance.
21. Learn something new every day; you can lose a loved one, something material, yet your knowledge is one of the few things you will have until you cease to exist.
22. Don’t gossip and don’t be jealous of others; start with your own expectations.
23. Be yourself. Let it rain, let it pour, let it sunshine, as long as you are yourself, you will remain intact.
24. Do a daily ritual of gratitude.
25. If you do someone a favor, don’t expect anything in return.
26. Don’t work too much.
27. If you borrow it, return it.

Life can be one of the most beautiful gifts you’ve ever been given if you follow these golden rules.

No comments: