Thursday, July 4, 2019

There is NO Greater Agony

There is NO Greater Agony
July 4, 2019
By: Gina Yoryet Román



“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.
No hay agonía mayor que llevar una historia incontada dentro de ti.”

“Nor is there any greater agony than being oblivious to your passion and brushing off your purpose.”
“Ni tampoco hay una agonía mayor que ser ajeno a tu pasión y hacer a un lado tu propósito.”

GYR

Long ago, I learned the hard way that a fellow without discipline, vision, direction, faith or devotion for his passion, or respect for his dreams, but above all, without hope, is like a boat adrift that sooner rather than later unavoidably, will fall into the depth of water. 

As a young apprentice, I denied myself the opportunity to sit in silence, plan, strategize, and sketch out my future. Neither did I pay heed to figuring out my passion, which years later would compel me right into my purpose. Throughout the years I’ve read testimonies of different people from different backgrounds who made it very far despite their circumstances and hardships, and I yearn to some day live to tell my own.  

The last twelve months it’s felt as though the rain will never subside, as I’ve come across one hurdle after another. Through my personal storm that wreaks internal havoc and robs me from sleep, I was abruptly awakened at the crack of dawn a few weeks ago. Typical of me, I started doing self-talk, ‘It took you this long to figure out your mission.” “Why are you being reluctant about all your accomplishments?” “You narrowed down your passion that led you right into your purpose, don’t let these temporary setbacks daunt you.”

Despite the lack of sleep, I got out of bed feeling very hopeful the next day. I don’t see the light at the end of the tunnel just yet, but this short-term pain shall be for long-term gain. This thought simplifies this conundrum and this puzzle ignites me to crawl to my purpose if I have to.

After all, every creation of God (people, objects, living beings) has a set assignment to comply with; whether they are meant to procreate and be at home parents, start a business, be God’s instrument by leading a religion, be famous or whatever the stars align for each one accordingly.

On these grounds, I reminiscence about what Steve Jobs said when Toy Story was in the make:

  

Steve Jobs found his passion through his talents, which walked him right into his purpose. One of our absolute duties as human beings is to find what we are good at and be cognizant of our endowments. Just like Steve Jobs, our mission is intended to search within, narrow down out gifts, use them to create something compelling and contribute to the good of society by sharing them with the world.  

Even if we are at dire straits without nowhere to go and no one to turn to, as long as there is a will, there will always be a way. As disheartening as this new experience may seem, I got this, just as everyone else who is going through the same obscurity does!

If you can't figure out your purpose, figure out your passion. For your passion will lead you right into your purpose.”

Bishop T.D. Jakes

“Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters”;

Colossians 3:23

“Y todo lo que hagáis, hacedlo de corazón, como para el Señor y no para los hombres”;
Colosenses 3:23


as long as it is for the Glory of God, for the good of society, and for your own spiritual, emotional, personal and professional benefit.”



No comments: