Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Semper Fidelis

June 13, 2017
By: Gina Yoryet Román
Throwback to 5 years ago, March 16, 2012



On May 26 I started feeling down, caught amidst nostalgia, anxiety and sadness. I should be celebrating yet another victory, but I am not. I intended to post and let it all out to cleanse my mind, heart, soul and spirit, but in reality too many demands have kept me from doing so. Part of it had to do with the “unrealistic” goals I set for Gina Yoryet, and how I drive myself nuts dealing with that, plus everything else. Part of it had to do with some things NOT going the way they were planned earlier in May. A huge part of it had to do with loss in different areas and dimensions, which I don’t want to deal with at this time. Another reason is the huge life change lying ahead that robs me from sleep. And the last straw that broke the camel’s back, had to do with not being able to stay Semper Fidelis to my game of words and to the health and fitness aspect lately.

There are also some very profound and personal issues that are preventing me from seeing the light at the end of the tunnel at this given time and place. Part of it has to do with the fact that I ALWAYS make life even more complex!

My hands are tied, but as hard as it may seem, I cannot run away from this, I have to rise to the occasion. Everything I can think of is, Semper Fidelis. Whatever happens, whatever my purpose is, I must remain Semper Fidelis. Always, NOT sometimes, NOT usually, but ALWAYS. When the rain subsides, I will be victorious once again, and I shall meet Victoria Esperanza…
Another time, another place.

I have a lot of work to do before the night fades, but I don’t want to deal with all of that now. I want to be true to myself at least tonight, Semper Fidelis to my writing game.

“It is NOT negotiable, NOT is it relative, but ABSOLUTE.” Semper Fidelis,” is more than a fancy slogan. It is truly a way of life. “ALWAYS faithful.” IT ISN’T, “SOMETIMES Faithful.”  NOR is it “USUALLY faithful.

No comments: