Sunday, June 19, 2016

Fathers Day

Father´s Day
June 19, 2016

I want to say that Father´s Day is very important for me, but I would be lying out right. It is not a sad day nor does it bother me in the least. I regard it as just another day. I texted both my brothers to send them my best wishes. I texted two close friends, and I should´ve called grandpa but opted not to.

Throwback to my childhood memories with my father...
Motorcycles, fancy cars and going to the shooting range and watch him shoot... And practice with him every so often.

Vulnerability and melancholy were NEVER an option. We were to remain stoic under any circumstances! Any sign of feebleness was detrimental. 
Survival of the strongest will every time we had a verbal confrontation!!!
Perhaps that´s why I became very stubborn and unafraid to step up for myself. Ha, ha!

It wasn´t all pitiful, human beings have a tendency to just take the bad from every situation. However, as a grown adult, deep down, I can now clearly visualise many good things that at the time I rebelled against. Now I know that all those minor, yet very significant details shaped me into the woman I am today. That´s why I shouldn't judge, I wouldn´t be fair to me, or to my father. There´s good in him, there's good in every single human being in this planet. 

He just wasn´t good at expressing his feelings!

No comments: