Monday, June 15, 2015

Maximizing the Dragon!



Maximizing the Dragon!
June 15, 2015
Original post was uploaded on May 31, 2015
By: Gina Yoryet Roman



As a health and fitness enthusiast, I am always looking for ways to keep myself resilient and healthy to face my long and hectic days. Throughout the week I grabbed a soul-soothing ally that I was recommended, “Los 72 Nombres de Dios, TecnologĂ­a para el Alma,” del escritor Yehuda Berg (“72 Names of God,” Yehuda Berg is the son of Philip Berg the founder of the Kabbalah Centre and is co-director of the centre. Kabbalah is an ancient wisdom that provides practical tools for creating joy and lasting fulfillment. It’s an incredible system of technology that will completely change the way you look at your world). I was caught amidst a bit of angst and fear when while trying to visualize what the next chapter of my life holds.

When that happens, I recur to silence for answers to be revealed, and once I get a clearer overview, I reach out to prayers and my own effort as they provide the solution. Once I got past that inner turmoil, I decided to try something new to nurture my body. Looking through my countless books, I found this one my younger sister gave me last September. “The Top 100 Juices, 100 Juices to Turbo Charge Your Body With Vitamins and Minerals.” Wow! Without a doubt, nature is one of the greatest gifts humanity was gifted with! These are wonderful but I was in the mood of trying something different, something I can boast about to Marlene, one of my clients I put on a nutrition plan.

So I went to Mercado Alcalde where I usually get my fresh fruits and veggies, and I got a few Pitahayas, also knows as dragon fruit. According to what I researched at the  market and through online resources, a pitahaya contains around 60 calories and it is rich in vitamin C, B1, B2 and B3, and minerals such as iron, calcium, and phosphorus.

I was surprised to know the many benefits it provides so I made myself a nice and filling protein shake with my made up recipe: 1 pitahaya, 2 slices of papaya, a banana, an apple, and some agave honey which filled me up for a few hours. Yummy!

Here are the many benefits of this colorful fruit also known as the dragon fruit:

Dragon fruit has an extremely low amount of cholesterol, which ultimately helps the body break down this fruit quickly, keeping you happy and healthy. It’s the perfect fruit to maintain your weight and satisfy your sweet tooth.

2. Heart Healthy

Americans have increasing problems maintaining cardiovascular health. Fortunately, this fruit has an amazing superpower that helps decrease bad cholesterol levels and replenish good levels. Dragon fruit is an excellent source of monounsaturated fats, helping the heart stay in great condition.

3. Fill Up On Fiber

To clean up your digestive system, eat a dragon fruit. They have a high fiber content, which can assist with poor digestion and constipation. Eating the flesh and seeds, which contain good protein, will keep your body fortified and satisfied.

4. Active Antioxidants

To rid the body of free radicals and cancer-producing properties, you can eat foods that contain antioxidants.

5. Fights Diabetes

The high amount of fiber in dragon fruit can ultimately help regulate diabetes, as it can stabilize blood sugar levels by suppressing sugar spikes. However, with any dietary changes or modifications, always consult your doctor to make sure this is a good food for you.

6. Reduces Signs of Aging

Eating a dragon fruit with its rich antioxidants can keep the skin tight and young. You can even make a face mask using the fruit combined with honey as a natural alternative to anti-aging masks.

7. Treating Colored Hair

Dragon fruit juice is an excellent agent for treating colored hair. By simply putting the juice or a conditioner containing dragon fruit on your scalp, you can protect your chemically treated or colored hair. This will keep the hair follicles open, allowing your hair to breathe and remain healthy and smooth.

8. Suppresses Arthritis

Arthritis directly affects the joints and causes severe irritation and immobility. Adding dragon fruit to your diet can help you fight these ailments. Dragon fruit’s benefits for people suffering from arthritis are so great that it’s commonly referred to as the “anti-inflammatory fruit.”

9. Avoiding Acne

This treatment is not just for teenagers. Rich in vitamin C, this fruit becomes a great topical ointment. Turn a slice of dragon fruit into a paste and apply it to your reddened areas on your face or skin, then rinse with water. For best results, use twice daily.

10. Soothe Sunburned Skin

By combining dragon fruit with cucumber juice and honey, you can create a compound much like aloe that can soothe burned skin. Abundant in vita

 

No comments: