Friday, July 25, 2014

The Body is a Temple of the Holy Spirit

The Body is a Temple of the Holy Spirit
July 25, 2014
By: Gina Yoryet Roman


It took me a couple of bad reactions towards certain food I was tolerant to, before I realized that my body has changed substantially over the years. For the last eighteen months, I’ve experienced a series of bad reactions towards very specific food items. For instance, just yesterday I had a couple of guests over for late lunch. I stupidly and unconsciously had a few bites of chorizo here and there, without remembering that it is PORK! Of course I didn’t digest it well AT ALL since I had not had it in more than ten years! I woke up at the crack of dawn with a very sharp pain in my stomach which caused me insomnia for the rest of the early hours of this day.

Prior to yesterday when I decided to be a piglet, I was doing my best to detox from low quality food and I was doing real well until then. I was trying my own recipe. A water mix with small chops of eggplant and a few slices of lime. I was also walking everywhere for two reasons: 1. My car was at the shop due to a small bender I was involved in, two weeks before. 2. I wanted to feel more confident about my radio talk about health and fitness (The different blood and body types) on July 24 (yesterday), on 105.9 FM, Simplemente Adriana.  I feel better overall but my temple is still very feeble because of the lack of strength exercise. My acupuncturist clearly indicated that I should stay away from strenuous physical routines, otherwise I will never recover from my physical injuries any time soon.

As an independent woman, I must admit that it is VERY difficult for me to follow orders and sometimes I can sabotage a faster recovery. Yesterday when I went to my acupuncture appointment, I tried to put myself in my acupuncturist’s place and resolved to do as I am told without complaining from now on, otherwise I won’t reach physical wellness now or ever if I continue pressuring my temple too much.

That’s why the older I get, this bible verse that I keep using over and over, resonates in my stubborn mind every morning when I hop out of bed.

19Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own? 20For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body.

Today when I went to evaluate a couple to put them on a nutritional plan and a physical routine, I wrapped up with this wise phrase and they really loved it. I can’t wait to see the results in four weeks when I see them next. People like them, who rely all their trust in me, entice me to fight harder, they are the fuel that keep my spirit alive...

No comments: