Sunday, July 13, 2014

A healthy weight loss tactic


A healthy weight loss tactic
July 13, 2014
By: Gina Yoryet Roman


I’ve attempted to write in the last couple of days but at the same time I’ve been trying to stay away from the computer for two reasons. One of them is to avoid sitting down for so long - a great part of my work requires me to use the computer, therefore I don’t move around enough. The second reason is because my right arms hurts I guess from using the computer for long hours.

Let’s see how much I can withstand it this time...

Earlier this week I thought about this popular weight-loss strategy that a few people have mentioned in the past here in Guadalajara. I am unaware as to how many have actually tried it or if it really works, I have yet try it myself just once to see what kind of outcome I get because I have never taken any kind of supplement or anything to lose weight, I rather work out and maintain a healthy diet. Dieting has never been my best allies, that’s why I have never done it. I do strongly support a healthy diet (even when it is one of the toughest challenges for me) and working out even now despite my physical limitations. 

This ‘miraculous water,’ as it is known, holds many benefits, now I really want to try it!
  1. It helps reduce belly fat.
  2. It’s a good weight loss method.
  3. It helps reduce cholesterol.
  4. It lowers blood pressure.

Among other healthy benefits. The recommended consumption amount is one liter a day. BUT we have to make sure to supplement that with a healthy diet! Sometimes people are under the impression that they can pack down everything every day but we have to be careful. Sure, we can indulge every once in a while since we are humans but we have to keep in mind to burn more and eat less!

Here’s the recipe:

1. Slice one or two eggplants and boil them.
2. Once they are boiled, pour them in a water jug and add a few slices of lime.
3. Let them sit in the fridge for a couple of hours, or depending on how cold you want it. 
  1. Add some chia seeds (which also contain a lot of healthy benefits).
  2. Don’t add sugar. 

Now you’re good to go!

Frequency? It depends on how fast you want to lose weight and shed the grease wrapped around your belly. Anything in excess is NEVER good!
Sometimes I alternate ginger tea two days a week and green tea another two days a week to help my blood flow better but I don’t necessarily stick to anything every day.


No comments: