Friday, August 19, 2016

Faith ALWAYS Prevails

Faith ALWAYS Prevails
The “Impossible” Can’t challenge God
August 19, 2016
By: Gina Yoryet Román


THE PEOPLE EXPERIENCING THE MOST PAIN TEND TO BE THE ONES WHO ARE ALWAYS TRYING TO MAKE OTHERS SMILE


I broke a real good sweat at the gym today, it feels sooooo good to run on the treadmill and feel hardly any pain. I thought that I would never be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel. For starters, the sprain on my left shoulder that runs through my neck and my right shoulder sometimes gave me hardly any issues today!

Being able to run albeit physical pain and chronic fatigue, is very motivating for my body as it is soothing for my mind. This week my self-esteem was elevated when I was asked to give my expert advice on a health and fitness platform. I was contacted by the founder of Hábitos SaludablesIt made me realize about all my knowledge that had been left on the back burner. I also read encouraging stories of profesional athletes like that of Sister Madonna Buder, an Unyielding Amazon that helped reignite the flame of my fitness affair.

And to push me even more, I thought of this story I read two weeks ago. This is one of the most impacting stories I had ever read about all through my health and fitness career.

18year-old Yusra Mardini, a young refugee that saved the lives of many others by pushing a boat for about three hours. She joined the Refugee Olympic AthletesTeam along other refugees and competed under the International Olympic Committe flag.

According to Wikipedia, (I am quoting it as is on this website)
Mardini's house was destroyed in the Syrian Civil War.[4] Mardini and her sister Sarah decided to flee Syria in August 2015.[5] They reached Lebanon, and then Turkey, where they arranged to be smuggled into Greece by boat with 18 other migrants,[5] though the boat was meant to be used by no more than six or seven people.[2] After the motor stopped working and the dinghy began to take on water in the Aegean Sea, Mardini, her sister, and two other people who were able to swim[2] got into the water and pushed the boat for over 3 hours until it reached Lesbos.[5] They then traveled through Europe to Germany, where they settled in Berlin in September 2015.[2] Her parents also fled Syria and live in Germany.[6]

This story is worthy of NOT only one gold or silver medal, but of many.
What amazes me the most, is that all these powerful athletes use their pain to help others and to spread kindness to our world.

There should be more young and promising young athletes like Yusra Mardini that helped me envision hope very clearly and directly.

She reminds me that faith ALWAYS prevails!






No comments: