Sunday, January 31, 2016

Christ is in Me

And I am in Him
January 3, 2016

"Christ is in me and I am in Him.  I have only to love Him, to let myself be loved, at all times, in all circumstances.  To awake in love, to move in love, to sleep in love, my soul in His Soul, my heart in His Heart, that I may be purified and delivered from my miseries by contact with Him..."
Bl. Elizabeth of the Trinity

"For truly our Lover [God] desires that our soul cleave to Him with all its might, and that we evermore cleave to His Goodness. For of all things that the heart may think, this pleases God the most and is most helpful to the soul.
For our soul is so specially loved by Him that is highest, that it surpasses the knowing of all creatures: that is to say, there is no creature that is made that may fully understand how much and how sweetly and how tenderly our Maker loves us.  
And therefore let us with grace and His help meditate, with everlasting marvel, upon the high and inestimable love that Almighty God, in His goodness, has for us. And therefore we may ask of our Lover with reverence all that we will.
For our natural will is to have God, and the Good Will of God is to have us; and may we never cease from willing nor from longing till we have Him in fullness of joy: and then may we no more desire."
Revelations of Divine Love (chapter vi), Julian of Norwich

"It is the nature of love to love as much as we feel we are loved and to love whatever the one we love loves." St. Catherine of Siena, Letter T299

"There is nothing we can desire or want that we do not find in God." St. Catherine of Siena, Letter T360

No comments: