Saturday, August 15, 2015

One of my biggest defiances

One of my biggest defiances
August 15, 2015
By: Gina Yoryet Román


Late last year, I drew a mental map of the three most important professional goals I was to accomplish before 2015 came to an end. Now, the end of 2015 is drawing nearer and so far, I´ve crossed out one of them. The other two are in progress, that mission will be accomplished late November, early December.

One of those assignments is pulling me away from putting more time into updating my blog more often, I feel as if I were being disloyal to one of my passions because I´ve kind of abandoned Gina Yoryet in an ongoing basis. There really is no excuse BUT! I´ve been writing arduously, I am just unable to visualize the results just yet.

Another reason I´ve been kind of thrown off track is the FPELE Spanish as a Foreign Language Teacher Training that started on Monday August 10, just a few days ago. It is a huge challenge because I am no longer used to being a student. As a teacher, I love doing my homework, I enjoy preparing, finding new information to make my classes more fun and interactive. Life is another story as a student, I am not as outspoken as my classmates, I don´t have the same energy, and it is hard for me to find words to express myself verbally...(specially in Spanish)

It is somewhat of a paradox to imply that I am at a loss to express myself in words when I am an ‘expert’ with words. I mean, I’ve worked arduously to put myself at a place where some individuals are not able to reach (not because they are incapable, but more so because of the fear and insecurity of failing). I give radio talks about Health and Fitness, business writing, and/or Women Entrepreneurs, as an Educator, Interpreter and Trainer, speaking is a necessity, not a choice, Moreover, because for the last fifteen years I’ve been sought for advice to put ideas into words. Therefrom, it is an arbitrary acrimony for me to say that I find it 'hard' to express myself in words.

The reasoning behind it is my personality, I hold my self-hood accountable for that. In Middle school and High School I was always voted as the most reserved and quiet. In my college and early profession, that affair was still lingering around but I dared to conceal and control it. As a high rendering athlete, professional and fighter, I could not allow my weakest traits override the warrior within, those tiny matters lying within could not control me. Ironically all the inner angst has always been there. It is once again knocking on my window, one more time I am ravaged by skepticism,  in particular now that I’ve been in direct, intense and clear contact with my native language; Spanish.

This romance language is NOT as romantic as its own name portrays it. Albeit the beauty and intrigue involved in anything that entails to it. Spanish is  genuinely descriptive and wordy, there is a whole lot of embellishment, whereas English is more narrow, and precise, more practical. Spanish is more beating around the bush; on the other hand, English is more direct. English is my comfort language, au contraire, Spanish is my timidity.

As I carefully monitor my peers, I am cognizant of how much knowledge and verbal skills I lack from my own language. I feel a stranger to it. But that won’t stop me from tackling all my weaknesses until I can master this subject because I am NOTHING but a student of life and an instrument of God, triggered and guided by my passions, dictated by my heart, strengthened by my faith, and I chose to keep learning.


I am NOTHING but a student of life and an instrument of God, triggered and guided by my passions, dictated by my heart, strengthened by my faith, and I chose to be a ‘normal’ person.
- See more at: http://ginayoryet.blogspot.mx/2015/07/a-student-of-life-and-instrument-of-god.html#sthash.WOEDA19M.dpuf
I am NOTHING but a student of life and an instrument of God, triggered and guided by my passions, dictated by my heart, strengthened by my faith, and I chose to be a ‘normal’ person.
- See more at: http://ginayoryet.blogspot.mx/2015/07/a-student-of-life-and-instrument-of-god.html#sthash.WOEDA19M.dpuf
“I am NOTHING but a student of life and an instrument of God, triggered and guided by my passions, dictated by my heart, strengthened by my faith...” GYR - See more at: http://ginayoryet.blogspot.mx/2015/07/a-student-of-life-and-instrument-of-god.html#sthash.WOEDA19M.dpuf

No comments: