Sunday, May 27, 2012

From a tired and weary Méjico


From a tired and weary Méjico
By: Gina Yoryet Roman
May 27, 2012


Long ago I was fighting for my honor, being on my knees and my arms getting weak, didn’t stop me from making the greatest effort to hold my dignity and keep my sanctuary as intact as ever with the last of my strength.

My greatest desire was to keep a clean image for the world to see despite being struck with many painful blows leaving permanent scars.

All of it was a failed attempt and the last couple of years I’ve been surrounded by chaos, tragedy, despair, pain, tears, fear, rage, greed. I’ve been trapped in a labyrinth of solitude without a way out.

All along I’d been rowing very hard but all my efforts have been useless because perhaps I’ve been headed the wrong direction. So right now I am nothing but a stray dog looking for morsels of whatever I can find and hoping to bump into a banquet of love, hope, peace, harmony, solidarity and faith to feed my hungry and empty soul and be able to withhold and fight against the negativity engraved in my core.


2) My heart is in despair for not having a moment of peace since this useless and painful war started.
3) I am fed up with all the dirty laundry being smeared on me and paying the consequences for my neighbor’s actions.
 4) I am sick and tired with the world looking down on me, because “I am a corrupt and dangerous con.”
5) I am tired of people hiding behind a “mask” called society and finding excuses for their wrongdoings.
6) I am in rage that all our rulers are seeking is power and money and to benefit their pockets.
7) I am shocked that the universe is suffering from the most severe and chronic illness, “I, I, I,” or “me, me, me.”
8) I am tired that our youth has lost all respect, morals, values, honesty, ethics and faith just like in the rest of the world.
9) I am infuriated with the malice some use to cross that fine line to hurt and disrespect one another.
10) I am in rage with those that harm innocence and those that take advantage of women only to prove that they are physically stronger using the excuse of, “I am mentally disturbed because someone did it to me when I was a child.” Why not say, “I am going to do a good deed to someone because someone did it to me when I was younger?”
11) I am angry of strangers demanding money when they don’t make the most minimal effort to find work.
12) I am tired of supporting our rulers and giving them extravagant lifestyles
13) I am disappointed about being deceived with “Freedom of speech,” when it is nothing but an abstract idea.
14) I am tired of everyone who wants to take advantage of me and my resources.
15) I am tired of my lungs being polluted with all the trash thrown on the streets and contaminating my surroundings.
16) I am sick of seeing people drink and smoke themselves to death because there’s “no other way out.”
17) I am tired of those who “want” a better place, yet they neglect to start making positive changes within.
18) I am shocked to see the greed reflected in the eyes of those fighting to rule me in the next presidential elections.
19) I am tired of those wreaking havoc and making me bleed in my own land day after day.
20) I am in despair to see the reading and literacy level go down the drain slowly.
21) I am tired of those who don’t take responsibility of their lives and always have someone to blame.
22) I am tired of seeing and hearing of those who rule us making “small mistakes,” and cleaning their messes with money.
23) I am tired of not being heard.
24) I am tired of my children not being taken into account in important matters only because they “don’t know any better.”
24) I am sick of the rules always being set to favor only those in power.
26) I am sick of those selfish ones who are “not aware” of others’ feelings.
27) I am tired that those don’t want to give a lending hand. 
25) I am fed up with this crippling society created by my inhabitants.
26) I am disappointed with the lack of solidarity.
27) I am tired of those de los últimos rincones being ignored and financially restrained.
27) I can no longer fight the numbing pain of the countless wounds I've been stabbed with.



A hopeless Méjico

No comments: