Monday, August 8, 2011

There is no room for failure

There is no room for failure
By: Gina Roman
Monday August 8, 2011


The economy is going down once again, with that Dow Jones is at one of its 9th lowest in U. S. history and at its lowest since December 1st 2008 according to yahoo news.
That always makes me ponder on the fact of what it’s like for those who invest in the stock market, the feeling they must get when their stocks pump to the highest value.
What about when the stocks hit the bottom though? Was all the risk worth the effort? What about the feeling of having failed financially?
There are millions out there who are going through turmoil at this precise moment because their assets are at high stake due to this shaky economy…

Can stockholders foresee what’s lying ahead? Perhaps they cannot, otherwise they wouldn’t risk so much because of their fear of failure? Failure of losing their finances, failing to their families, failure to not being able to predict the ups and downs of economy.

As much as people may fear failing, it seems as though they always clamor for money, possessions and prestige. Do they realize that all of that is transient? As money can be lost, possessions wear out and go out of style. Position and prestige are fleeting prizes in life’s tug-of-war.
Why not search for spiritual understanding, dreams and goals and incline towards the quiet solitude of one’s soul instead?
These are the things that make a human being truly wealthy, wealthy in wisdom, serenity, hope and joy.
I have not once known of a single stock on the stock market that guarantees that kind of dividend.

My understanding of Life is about being ambitious (Not inclined towards a materialistic aspect), setting goals and expectations, accomplishing them and NOT allowing any gaps for failure to filter in because once it manages to get in, it is like an illness, hard to get rid of, unless one uses all their might to do otherwise. Everyone always sets goals especially as we get older; I personally at this point in life cannot allow myself to fail mentally, emotionally, financially, or spiritually. I do not in ANY way Intend for perfection, what I mean is that my past experiences have definitely helped me get to know myself better, to define the “I” now, to determine what NOT to do in the future and more so, they’ve forged me into a much stronger person.

The other night I was talking to one of my students and we mentioned the fact that we have the same concept of life, to NOT allow failure to sink in. Sometimes it can be frustrating because things seem to happen in a rather slow motion and it is in our nature to want immediate results (sometimes we neglect to accept nothing but the best without even trying).

Many times I look back at the end of 2008 when every single area of my life was shattered, all of 2009 was spent struggling to collect all the tiny pieces and put them together, and part of 2010 when it finally dawned on me that too much time had been wasted feeling lost and empty, I sought for a million ways to get back in tune with life, set goals and expectations of “me” and take the rein of my existence.

Writing has always been one of my passions in life, once I set a goal to write professionally so when I started writing for a magazine and a newspaper, I was thrilled but that joy didn’t last too long as I was bombarded with a million tasks and I was being pulled in different directions (I always have to split myself up between Teaching, Translating, Writing and Health and Fitness).
Sometimes I want to bang my head against the wall for letting the opportunity of writing profesionally slip out of my hands but at the same time there will always be opportunities, plus it didn’t fulfill me completely since I’ve always wanted to do reflective writing so I can pore my heart out and connect with the world.
After cleaning up all the clutter in my mind, I concluded that translating/interpreting needed to be put on my top list as it can bring many great opportunities business wise. But then teaching jumps in and like someone once said to me during my youth years when I was a rebel with MANY causes, “You are a natural born teacher.” And then Health and Fitness comes in. Perhaps I am not ready to drop any of them just yet…

At this moment in life I still haven’t figured out which of my passions will bring me the most joy and fulfillment nor which one would be the most profitable and worth my while. To this day, I still haven’t maximized my potential to the highest. All I know is that as exhausted as I sometimes may be (my days usually start at 4:30 am), there will NEVER be any room for failure because I am a MexiCAN.




LOSE/WIN

I have known the pain of failure, frustration, disappointment, defeat,
BECAUSE
I have taken a chance on winning, succeding, achieving…
It takes a lot of the first to get some of the second.

Natasha Josefowitz

No comments: