Sunday, May 29, 2011

There is nothing I find more exciting than.....

There is nothing I find more exciting than.....
finding the answer to something I don’t know
May 29, 2011
By: Gina Roman


For many years I’ve struggled with a very minor health problem which has been treated but not one single medication has helped so as I type, I’m doing a Google search of how and why this issue originated and how it can be prevented; one of the most fulfilling things in life is help oneself plus help others at the same time. This issue, a tooth ache and “sarcopenia.” (Sarcopenia derives from Greek roots, "sarx" meaning flesh and "penia" meaning loss - which means the loss of muscle fiber and coordination as the result of aging and the lack of movement; most runners develop sarcopenia at some point after wearing their muscles and joints out when running on cement), have been my Achilee’s hill; as a health aware individual these issues stress me out majorly but they are always left on the back burner because of a million excuses but this summer when things slow down a bit, I will take action and emancipate my body from all the pain and uncomfort it’s been through all these years.

Although as of February first I started a rather slow process of giving up a few bad habits such as chewing gum EVERY Day as I only aggravated my tooth ache, May first was the landmark for some HUGE changes that I talked about earlier in the year when I posted “Rules for Being Human.” One of those decisions was to give up meat for good, or at least for a long time – the reason being is because I want to challenge myself and see how much discipline my body is able to withhold.

I was reading a book about veggie/vegan lifestyle and I was disgusted and felt EXTREMELY guilty as I learned about all the downsides of consuming meat and all the unecessary torture we put animals through.
Most of the time my main focus is my outer shell, I nurture my body with the most liberating experiences in life; exercise and a healthy diet….. the internal aspect is always forgotten though so I have to find a balance. Lately I’ve been thinking about the holistic and spiritual aspects and what needs to be done to improve that area. In order to feel better internally and externally, we have to equalize every single aspect of our existence and avoid falling into monotony.

That is exactly how I’ve felt lately……For the last couple of weeks this tedious monotony has been striking me but the answer is lying in my grip that’s why there are a few projects to be done no later than this year. But before doing that, I’ve been forcing myself to make more time to read, to write and to rest.

Just last weekend when I posted I was feeling a little annoyed and overwhelmed because it seemed as if life was just about work, work, work but I was wrong. We can always squeeze in a little more if we really make an effort so this weekend I am feeling more refreshed.

So now that my mind is more refreshed I’ll concentrate on planning. Strategizing and planning always lead to many questions and every night when I lay restlessly in bed I question many things. Ever since I was a child I’ve always had this undaunted curiosity. “There is nothing I find more exciting than picking a Question that I don’t know the answer to and embarking on a quest for answers. It’s deeply satisfying to climb into the boat, we never know what we’ll find until we get there. Jim Colins in “Good to Great.”

So while I’m on this quest to find out the answers to my pain and freeing myself from it, I am also on a journey to find answers to a million things, such as; why do people in México say “salud” when someone sneezes? Why is a thumb up a sign of good, or approval?

With these questions in mind, I will head straight to bed and read some more so I can increase my knowledge, yet I don’t Intend to increase my knowledge in any way; my only attempt is try to lessen my ignorance and share my thoughts with the world. No estudio más por saber más, sino por ignorar menos.” Sor Juana Inés de la Cruz.

No comments: