Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sunday March 6 2011

Sunday March 6, 2011
By: Gina Roman

This week writing didn’t have to wait till the last minute. The reason being is because my laptop crashed AGAIN! After a MAJOR virus creeped into it and seriously infected it.
A friend of mine is getting it fixed for me but he’s very busy so I won’t get it back until at least Tuesday so instead I’m typing away in my dusty pc at home that hadn’t been touched in almost a year!
It’s 2pm and the reason why I’m writing at this time of day is because my pc is in the living room and it’d be a hassle to move it into my room.
I’m really sad and Missing my laptop because my WHOLE life is in there so I had to buy a hard drive disk (or however those things are called) with TONS of gigabytes enough to put all the information I have.
One of the highlights of my Sundays is to go into my room, close the blinds, disconnect myself from the world and start writing. I really do cherish these moments of getting away from reality and even though I may not write about anything important and much less profesionally, every single word is a thought, a reflexion from my week, , my life and each one of those words has a purpose because they've started to forge a destiny.

This week was an extremely tough week because Sunday, Monday and Tuesday went by without getting one single hour of sleep, I have serious insomnia issues and I’d hate to take sleeping pills because I am not as alert during the day.
Wednesday came and I was actually able to get more sleep than the previous days but Thursday night came and oh brother! I didn’t get one single minute of sleep! I had a nightmare, the same nightmare I’ve had for many years so I was having second thoughts about getting myself out of the house and sprint to the gym to get my workout because it is pitch Black at 5am – I ended up going to avoid feeling the guilt trip later on but I decided to drive instead. It took me forever to get my motion going and I only managed to pull through and a so non-intense hour routine, the day felt a bit unproductive as I had two appointments and two classes but they all cancelled so I stayed home to transcribe some audio files that need to be translated.
Later in the evening I met a friend of mine for a drink and it was the weirdest encounter because we argued, we didn’t agree on a few points (very silly now that I think about it!). It is not a good feeling when we argue with someone so close to us but I will drop by her house later on tonight and apologize because we were both angry and the way at look at things when we truly care about someone is that everyone deserves a second chance, I’m talking about family, friends and relationships. That’s just me, perhaps it doesn’t have to be that way, for example I have NEVER been given another chance when it comes to relationships so now I came down to the conclusion that there’s a reason behind why things happen and why things DON’T happen.
Right now though, I’m feeling YUCK about Friday night but as soon as we talk, I’ll be much better. It’s one of those things that I know that we’ll be lifetime friends, it is only a matter of clearing the air, that’s what friendships are about, we don’t have to agree on everything.

No comments: