Sunday, September 19, 2010

Have you stopped and asked yourself?

Have you stopped and asked yourself?

Am I enjoying life to its fullest? Am I missing out on something? How often do I overindulge in things like drinking caffeine, drinking alcohol, checking or sending emails, talking on the phone, texting, spending time with a loved one, engaging with others on social media sites, watching TV, chronically complaining about what isn’t working, fueling drama, rushing from one activity or task to another, getting caught up, taking care of the needs of others,

this week while at a business dinner I was listening to a very successful man talk about how he no longer distracts himself with substance or activities that prevent him from living in the present. I was reminded of how important it is to limit these seductive actions. When overdone, they make it easy to numb out, avoid making necessary changes, lose connections with loved ones, or tolerate the things that would be intolerable to someone with healthy high standards.
That made me ask myself, which ones am I ready to limit this week so I can feel and experience more of my precious life.
While pondering at life in Guadalajara it made me realize that I lack the knowledge of so much more. It seems as if the last two or three years I’ve revolved around the same things. Work, workout, and travel here and there that I never make time to enjoy life to its max anymore. As far as culture goes, when I thought I had it all narrowed down, it dawned on me that I am nowhere near a third of knowing all about the beauty of this place. “Slow down” or “are you ever going to rest?” people say. And I tell them, I will rest when I die. I just go, go go and some people can’t keep up.
There are only 24 hours in one day and we must make time to sit back and enjoy the beauty of life, although sometimes it is impossible because when I think of how much knowledge I lack in many areas of life, I feel very stupid and……………….
I lost my train of thought, I am not fully concentrated, I am not making enough time to write as much as I did before.
It is the end of another day and my mind keeps spinning, thinking about the tough week that lies ahead.

No comments: