Sunday, June 20, 2010

A Writer is

A Writer is


Sunday June 20th, 2010
10:30
Gina Roman

I am 100% sure that every time I go back and read this post I will be horrified and I will feel majorly guilty about not complying with my duties as a writer.
I can’t bear the thought of not updating my blog more often! Like I always thought, writing on a blog develops someone’s personality so when I miss out a week or two without adding a post, when there are ten idle days in between posts, it sabotages my image and character as an individual in different ways.
One day can go by, another one and it won’t long before ten or fifteen days and writing is left on the back burner.
I had a few goals this year and one of them was to write 250 words per day so by the end of the year I’d have a whole book.
So I pondered on what makes a good writer? What are some qualities the best writers rely on? I need some encouraging words to get my momentum.
I carved down on a few ideas and I also ran a survey, I asked random people on the street. When they think of a writer, describe what he/she is like? What makes him/her be good at his work?
Intelligent, broad knowledge, huge imagination, introverted, quiet, conservative, observative, meticulous, creative, cultivated, an expert at what he does, disciplined, organized, surrounded by nature and books, has travelled the world, elegant, likes to drink wine, young personality focused, sets good example to the world, makes his dreams come true, adorable, beautiful, fat, laid back, tall, drinks coffee, lives by a lake, lonely, he enjoys being alone, meditates, calm, curious, mature, sensible, sensitive, introspective, analytical, reflective, selective, straight forward, bold, elegant, well-mannered, investigator, multicultural, multilingual, smokes, modest, balanced, private, discreet personality, old, has a moustache and long beard, productive, popular, connoisseur, curly hair, timid, kind hearted, short, doesn’t like to do exercise, likes to read, creates stories from what he reads, lives in a condo, smells good, likes to take naps, expresses feelings through his writing, reflective, likes to meditate, open minded, well informed in every aspects in life, creator, powerful mind, motivated.

No comments: