Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Growing in Faith


Growing in Faith
April 25, 2017
By: Gina Yoryet

One day at the crack of dawn late July of last year (2016), my sleep was abruptly interrupted by a clear vision, pers se, a deep desire during my youth, an unfathomable achievement. An abstract victory that had simply been fabricated in my feeble mind. Little did I know that my dream would later turn into passion, and my passion would later divert into reality. In illo tempore I was afar from defining the woman I was meant to become through my purpose. In my early twenties I quit my job at a Financial Services company to follow my “dream” job. To work for the State of California. At that time I truly believed I had scored big time professionally and financially.

Shortly after, I was struck with emptiness, loss and discontentment because of certain events I provoked. At that time I was convinced that my future was there forever, at the wrong time and place and I made myself believe that it was my fate. Now I can clearly visualize that my reluctance was unintentionally writing my destiny to set myself for failure somewhere along the line. I prayed every single night when I lay in bed with my eyes shut, pretending to be asleep. I begged God to help me grow in faith by leading me towards a professional opportunity for his Glory, for the good of my community, and for my own spiritual, emotional, personal, professional and financial benefit. I also begged for him to help me find a man of faith, but before reaching that milestone, life had many lessons to teach me. As a strong-willed and stubborn young woman, I wanted to devour the world and do everything my way because I didn't trust God's timing.  

Those desperate pleads first emerged when I became cognizant of the world. The more I learned about the universe, the more my heart agonized, but the more I wanted to live, learn, and experience events. Through that entire period since childhood I was at a loss. That was then, now, finally when I was on the verge of giving up, my prayers were finally answered and my vision came to me very direct and clear late July of 2016. I finally became very receptive of my truth. As many inner altercations of skepticism that inhabited in my cajoling mind, as much certainty of my quest finally dwelled within.

I should have known then that I am NOTHING but a student of life and an instrument of God, triggered and guided by my passions, dictated by my heart, and strengthened by my faith. I should've known that God had a plan for me but I fought against it for many years. But today I choose to keep growing in faith, for that has defined who I am.


Grow in Faith
Catholic author Edwin Freedley said in 1853 that business is a “fiery furnace to principle.” Grow in your faith, prayer, and virtue through business and entrepreneurship


No comments: