Thursday, March 24, 2016

Golden Rules

Golden Rules
The list we SHOULD ALL carry around
March 24, 2016

Throwback Thursday.

When I was in my early twenties, I was hired as an Office Manager who handled a lot more than what I’d ever fathomed at that age. Among one of the many duties I was responsible of, I had to come up with a motivational newsletter for the over 350 staff I led for about two years. I don’t recall how many newsletters I wrote during my stay at that company, but the one that I clearly visualize on a day-to-day basis, is part of this one published on September 2002.  I didn’t write this originally nor do I remember how I got a hold of it. I do recollect adding more to it since I am always so enthused with one of my games – a game of words - writing…

The most destructive habit – Worry
The greatest joy – Giving
The greatest loss – Loss of self-respect
The most satisfying work – Helping others
The ugliest personality trait – Selfishness
The most endangered species – Dedicated leaders
Our greatest natural resource – Our youth
The greatest “shot in the arm” – Encouragement
The greatest problem to overcome – Fear
The most effective sleeping pill – Peace of mind
The most crippling failure disease – Excuses
The most powerful force in the universe – Love
The most dangerous pariah – A gossiper
The world’s most incredible computer – The brain
The worst thing to be without – Hope
The deadliest weapon – The tongue
The two most powerful–filled words – “I can!”
The greatest asset – Faith
The most worthless emotion – Self–pity
The most beautiful attire – A SMILE!
The most prized possession – Integrity
The most powerful channel of communication – Prayer
The most contagious spirit – Enthusiasm
The greatest force in the universe – Conviction
The most rewarding trait – Honesty
The greatest support – Family
The greatest achievement – Defeating your toughest opponent – “YOU!”

No comments: