Saturday, July 18, 2015

The results of cause and effect

The results of cause and effect
July 18, 2015
By: Gina Yoryet Román

Cause and effect is one of the most common misunderstood concepts in science. In real life it is no different. It is one of the things that many individuals don’t get a full grasp of. Adolescents neglect to study and work hard, they are daunted by discipline and responsibility, marriages deny themselves the opportunity to grow as one, and they look for the quickest way out of their relationship, those who are going through financial hardship don’t want to focus and look for professional expertise to make themselves more marketable and competitive, the ones whose health is declining, don’t want to do part of their share to overturn that, those who are looking for guidance forgo the benefits we were all given - the powerful force to help us find our way, it seems as if we all pay no mind to the results of cause and effects.

I guess it it part of growing up and being human. It took me a long time to realize that the actions and decisions I made in my early life would have an effect, I was oblivious to understand that my body would not remain an unstoppable and powerful instrument. I became deaf and blind to my causes and effects. I wish that at that young age, I would’ve had the powerful and resilient mind that I now possess and tell the immature and insecure girl that everything would work out just fine, that life is nothing but an everlasting school that all human beings have to undergo. I want to tell her about all the silly things I did or disregarded professionally-wise, would not result in the best outcome.

I want to also tell her that, I am glad she turned around, got her act together, retaliated against her revelry with many causes and made something positive with all her early life happenings. The results of my cause have taken their own toll, their effect, and because of that, I feel more effervescent than ever. Beginning actions are not always preceded by a disastrous effect if they are reversed smartly in a timely-manner. I am very thankful that I was given many opportunities to do that, and here I am. There are yet a few things that are pending on my wish-list today.

No comments: